[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]1. Create boundaries in the home: The child shouldn’t be the boss. Parents should set boundaries and hold the child to them, such as what they will eat and when they go to bed.
2. Always respect your children: Don’t physically force them or ignore your child’s opinion. Listen to them and give them time to talk. Don’t speak through your teeth or growl at them, they are not animals. Treating them with respect creates a respectable nature in them.
3. Consciously create friendships: You can be a parent and a friend. Friendship with your child is important. They should be able to come to you and tell you how they really feel. Work on creating this type of relationship. Spend time with them and get on their level.
4. Make bedtime special: Use bedtime as a time to tell them they are loved and to pray over them.
5. Discipline out of love: Spanking is not wrong. The Bible is clear, “Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him.” (Proverbs 22:15). Be sure to communicate with your child why they are being spanked and don’t do it to hurt them. It should sting but not bruise them. After the spanking tell them you love them and immediately forgive and let go of whatever they had done.
6. Don’t make excuses for your child’s bad behavior: They know wrong from right and should be treated that way. Saying, “I can’t spank him I never said, “Don’t write on the walls” directly to him!”” is not a good excuse.
7. Teach them to radically love the House: You can only teach what you model. A parents heart will be replicated in their child. If the parents are casual Christians the child will have a casual faith. If the parents radically love the church and God, their child will follow in their footsteps and love God and His house.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
Listen to the Full Message on our Podcast
[/vc_column_text][vc_button title=”Subscribe Now” target=”_self” color=”btn-inverse” icon=”none” size=”btn-large” href=”http://apple.co/1NUHi4e” el_class=”center-button”][/vc_column][/vc_row]